- COMPANY means My Coffee Capsule Pty Ltd ABN 72 091 681 122
- MCC means My Coffee Capsule Pty Ltd ABN 72 091 681 122
- PRODUCTS mean all goods and services for sale by the COMPANY
- CUSTOMER means the person or entity enquiring or purchasing the PRODUCTS
- PRICE means the selling price of the PRODUCTS including tax and any cost component
- AGREEMENT: the terms contained in these Terms and Conditions
These Terms & Conditions (hereafter T&C) are the Agreement between the Company and the Customer.
B – PRICES and PAYMENT
The Customer acknowledges that unless otherwise stated, all prices quoted are:
- inclusive of any tax, duty, levy, charge (including in the nature of a goods and services tax) in respect of any product or service supplied by Company or fees paid to or received by the company.
- exclusive of freight, postage, packaging, handling, insurance and any other expenses or charges unless otherwise stated.
- amounts shown in any document provided by the Company shall be prima facie evidence of debt due by the Customer to the Company.
- Unless Purchaser has a credit account with the Company, 100% of the price including any applicable freight charges, shall be payable at the time of placement of the order.
- credit accounts will only generally be considered at the discretion of the Company and only after a minimum of 3 months’ worth of typical trading levels.
- where Purchaser has a credit account with Company, the Price shall be paid STRICTLY NET in cash, via credit card or PayPal or by cheque or EFT as per the due date shown on the invoice.
- The customer acknowledges and agrees that the terms of payment are as stated on the invoice.
- in the event an account or invoice becomes overdue, the Company reserves the right to charge interest at the flat rate of 1.5% per calendar month.
- PayPal, Credit Card, National and International Transfers and other form of Payments- Goods will only be despatched when FULL payment has been received into Company’s bank account. This may take 3-5 working days from payment for funds to be transferred to the Company’s bank account.
- In the event the amount of a due invoice remains unpaid 21 days after its due date, all deposit and partial payments will be forfeited with the customer remaining liable for the outstanding balance.
- In the event of the non- payment of an invoice 21 days from its due date in a transaction that involves a non-Australian supplier to MCC, the customer becomes liable to MCC for all currency exchange losses.
- Should an invoice remain unpaid 21 days after its due date, the customer will become liable for any price hikes by MCC suppliers from the date of the invoice for the products itemised in the invoice. MCC is entitled to amend its invoice in accordance with such price changes.
- Unpaid Invoices and quotations issued to the customer are subject to change without notice 10 days from their date of issue.